Bristol shaggers are a friendly and welcoming bunch and we will be happy to host you. Spaces are limited (first come first served!) but we’ll do our best to accommodate as many requests as possible. So, if you’d like to be hosted, register as soon as possible and make sure to request hosting in the registration form.
Tips for guests
If you’re applying for hosting, we’ll get in touch to ask if you have any allergies or any other specific requirements. We’ll do our best to match you with a host that is the most suitable for your needs.
Please contact your host well in advance and inform them about your travelling plans.
Your host might not have a car and might not be able to give you lifts. Make sure to sort this with your host in advance and eventually take care of your own travelling. Also, it’s a good idea to ask your host if you need to bring bedding, a pillow or towels.
Tips for hosts
If you’ve volunteered to be a host, we’ll get in touch with you to ask how many people you are able to host, if you have any animals or if you allow smoking.
Once we have matched you with your guest(s), we will put you in contact.
It’s a good idea to ask your guests about travel arrangements and make plans on when and where to meet. Also make sure to tell them in case they need to bring their own bedding, pillow or towels. You don’t need to provide your guests with food or transportation to the venues.
However, they will very much appreciate if you could give them info about local restaurants, nearby supermarkets and public transport to and from the venues.
Hotels and hostels
Bristol Shag Fiesta will happen in the city centre (hooray!), so we’d recommend you find a central accommodation. Most places in Bristol are within walking distance anyway – apart from the ubiquitous airbnb that you might book yourself, here are some options:
– YHA Bristol: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/bristol
– Rock n Bowl: http://www.thelanesbristol.co.uk/hostel/
– The Full Moon: http://www.fmbristol.co.uk/
– Bristol backpackers: http://www.bristolbackpackers.co.uk/index.htm
Hotels: of course, for best prices you’re best advised with booking.com etc., but these 6 suspects are closest to the venues:
– Hampton by Hilton, Bristol City Centre, Bond St., Bristol BS1 3LQ
– Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, Bond St. S, Bristol BS1 3L (right next to the Hampton)
– The Bristol Hotel, Prince St., Bristol BS1 4QF
– The Radisson Blu, Broad Quay, Bristol BS1 4BY
– Premier Inn, Lewins Mead, Bristol BS1 2NT
– The Berkeley Square Hotel, 15 Berkeley Square, Bristol BS8 1HB